It is no wonder why the National Park Service is so much busier during the Summer. Everyone is vacationing and what better place to go than our beautiful parks! But with the influx of visitors, our Fee Programs take on a huge burden. The increased use of the systems can cause more equipment, network and software issues. We want to make sure that we can all continue to meet the expectations of the visitors for the rest of the season, so here are a few tips to keep everything running smoothly.
- Remember that your registers are computers and just like you they don't like to overheat. Make sure they are not smothered by other pieces of equipment and keep them out of direct sunlight. If you have a modular keyboard or touchscreen register, the silver CPU gets pretty hot naturally so don't panic. Avoid making it worse.
- Now is also an excellent time to clean the dust bunnies out of the vents and card swipes. Keeping it clean will reduce any shorts internally and credit card misreads.
- If you are using touchscreens and you see some obvious wear starting to form on the most popular buttons, it may be time to consider screen protectors. We have tested several different protectors and we have found some solutions that work great.
- Increased sales volume means increased data being sent to your Advantage software. If your file size becomes too large, the functions will not work properly. This file is usually in the C: Advantage: Data file. If you have any issues with this, please give us a call and we will check on it for you.
- Finally, we want to let you know that there are some updates coming up for Advantage that will make your Fee Program even more efficient. We will post more details in a couple of weeks and the update roll out will be soon after that.
Just doing a little bit of maintenance can really help reduce your register downtime. We also recommend that you speak with your IT staff to check if they have any other maintenance they would like you to do. We've made it this far through the season and we want the rest of Summer to go just as well. As always, give us a call if you have any issues and we will work with you to resolve them.